5 Wineries Within 5 Minutes:
1. Leura Park Estate – premium estate grown wines including one of our favourites: Sparkling Blanc de Blanc. The cellar door is open on weekends with wine-matched grazing platters to enjoy by the fire or on the lawn and live music every Sunday
2. Terindah Estate – a stunning venue with equally stunning views. Terindah is a boutique vineyard offering award-winning wines, delicious food and stunning architectural event spaces. The floor-to-ceiling glass walls of The Shed@Terindah Café inundate guests with spectacular vistas across the bay and over the vineyard. Boutique wines are available to taste in the cellar door seven days a week, there are captivating event spaces and The Shed is a great spot for lunch or weekend breakfast.
3. Jack Rabbit Vineyard – perched on a hill overlooking Port Phillip Bay to the You Yangs and back towards Geelong, the views are breathtaking. But you’ll need to catch your breath quickly to make the most of all there is to offer – cellar door wine tasting and sales, casual food at the House of Jack Rabbit and more formal dining at Jack Rabbit Restaurant featuring a stunning a la carte menu. Open 7 days.
4. Scotchmans Hill – Established in 1982, Scotchmans Hill is a producer of premium cool maritime climate wines and is rated among James Halliday’s Top 100 Australian Wineries. The immaculately maintained vineyards overlook Port Phillip Bay, and the wines are a true reflection of this environment. The Scotchmans Hill cellar door offers friendly and informative tastings and sales of their exceptional estate-grown wines. Open 7 days.
5. Bellarine Estate – you’ll get to know the family as you drink through the wine list – most varieties are named after one of the Kenny clan. There’s an on site brewery with some lively beers including Ginja Beer (alcoholic ginger beer). After your wine or beer tasting, kick back and enjoy a sumptuous lunch in our restaurant, or enjoy a glass of wine or beer with a nibble platter overlooking the vineyard – the perfect venue for a lazy Sunday afternoons, with live music from 1pm.
A little further afield:
Banks Road Vineyard – Banks Road Vineyard is a small family run winery and vineyard on the Bellarine Peninsula. Established by William & Avanelle Derham in 2002, we have approximately 13.5 acres of vines here at Banks Road. We grow Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc & Shiraz varieties.
Flying Brick Cider House – Flying Brick Ciders are made from 100% fresh fruit, traditionally crafted and unlike the majority of mainstream ciders on the Australian market, contain no sugars, colours, flavourings or concentrates. Today, Flying Brick Cider is one of the fastest growing boutique ciders in Australia.
McGlashans Wallington Estate – McGlashans produces award-winning cool-climate wines from 100 per cent estate-grown grapes. The maritime climate and sandy loam over buckshot clay is fast becoming renowned for producing high-quality wines. Come and try our Famous Seafood Basket and share in the joys of our beautiful surrounds.
Oakdene Vineyard – Oakdene wines are made in small quantities, from high quality fruit, produced in low yields using meticulous vine management. Our new casual café Mr Grubb @ Oakdene offers an exciting menu of share plates, pizzas, burgers and sliders. We are also open for coffee and cake, or simply to enjoy a glass of Oakdene Wine. You can also enjoy the eclectic art gardens, our unique ‘Upside-Down House’ Cellar Door and an award winning fine dining restaurant (Oakdene Vineyards Restaurant).
Basils Farm – Basils Farm is an artisan winery situated on Swan Bay, overlooking the historic township of Queenscliffe. Visit the cellar door to learn more about Basils Farm’s passion for biodynamic and sustainable farming practices.